Saturday 2 April 2016

From A to Z


While on facebook the other day I discovered a new group, the “Sketchbookers Society.”  The artwork shared by so many talented artists was exciting; many produced a sketch a day! This inspired me to try to do the same.
If I was going to create a painting a day I needed a starting point, that’s when it popped into my head, “Alphabet Journal”!
My sketch a day had to be quick and simple, so choosing Pen and Ink and Watercolour was a great choice for me. The prop I chose to use is a Strathmore 140 pound cold press, 5.5” x 8” ring bound journal. The fine quality allows me to paint on both sides of the paper.
As an artist I think it is important to sketch a little something every day, even if it is just a 10 minute sketch of a simple object.
As you know I am already in the middle of a project with my bread paintings and recipes. “I can do both,” I told myself, in fact I will be sharing another mixed media painting any day now.
My but I do love a challenge!



There is more than just almonds in this bread recipe, all of the ingredients in the painting make this bread nutritious and delicious! 




This little scene on the right can be viewed from my kitchen window. I don't have the heart to cut the branch off, but I know I must.



Cob Salad for lunch was so pretty I thought it would make a great painting.








 
When I looked in the fridge and spotted this cheerful and colourful milk container it was just asking to be painted.


You might have noticed I haven’t used a ruler, so pardon the wonky lines! My journal is meant to be a daily exercise; I am not striving for perfection.
Stay tuned, more Alphabet to come.
Hope you enjoy my little journaling journey! 

x

6 comments:

  1. Love the A to Z, Terrie. As usual, your art captivates. You've captured 'still life" so well here. More please....<;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your sketchbook journal! Awesome they are, and I look forward to seeing the rest of your Alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love everything you do..Gail Lucier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Gail, really appreciate you leaving a comment. Sometimes I wonder if I am blogging to air space!

    ReplyDelete