Friday 12 January 2018

Till Summer Ends

Moments in Time - series 4


Sketch number four is another very special moment in time I have entered in my journal, my sister Mary's picturesque little gift shop called, 'Till Summer Ends'.
Mary is the mastermind behind this beautiful scene that sits behind her home in Nova Scotia. Not only is she an amazing gardener but an artist as well, with the landscape being her canvas!
Inside this darling little shop are many treasures created by artists in the community, including her handmade quilts and my niece Kim's gorgeous artwork.
For many summers I have had the privilege of basking in the warmth of the sun, surrounded by soothing sounds of a babbling brook, behind this lovely shop, and on the other side you can hear waves crashing on the rocks and feel a lovely breeze as the tide comes in on the Bay of Fundy coast.

What a thrill it is to recall special moments, sketch them in my journal, and write memories. 
If anyone is interested in getting started on journaling I will be teaching a Journal Workshop at ASSC (Art Society of Strathcona County), Saturday, February 24 and Sunday, February 25 - from 10 am to 4 pm. Contact info - assc.memberlodge.org, once you have reached this site click on Workshops, or email artsoc@telus.net.




As you know I like to sketch in my journal, write about it and then create an acrylic painting. 
What a joy to paint!

Click on the picture with your mouse if you would like to enlarge the picture



Most every summer I travel to Nova Scotia; visit my family and friends, take in the breathtaking scenery and regenerate my creative juices!

During this very cold winter, stay warm, drive safely and revisit a special place in your heart or perhaps travel to a warmer climate!











2 comments:

  1. The story about the purple door and your granddaughters is amazing. Great to stimulate their imaginations with this lovely painting. Miranda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miranda, really appreciate your your comments!

      Delete