Sunday 15 January 2017


Right on Schedule!

You will never guess what my new year's resolution is, mmm-hmm, you know it, FOCUS! Seems to me we have had this conversation before. There is so much I want to do and so little time. Well after a very long discussion with myself, 'not enough time' isn't the problem. What I need to do is start the day earlier and stop lollygagging over a leisurely cup of coffee, get organized, stick to one thing at a time and finish one project before starting another. For me this is a huge task because I get so ahead of myself with inspiration and excitement.
How does one get organized and stay focused? Perhaps starting the day with a routine would help.
My sister Linda was a huge help with this because she gave me the most unique Christmas gift, 365 messages. Every morning I open a beautiful, sometimes funny message decorated with glitter and rhinestones!  What to do after I have read my special message? After some thought I decided the messages were worthy of recognition in my daily journal, and then placed in a little box to pass on to someone special next year.
Because my daily journal was already open it seemed only logical to make a list of 'plans and goals' for the day.
By golly it worked. Now I am on schedule. Ta-da!

My first week's goals and plans were completed. Every day I worked towards an art exhibit submission for Kasa at the Jubilee Auditorium. That meant rewriting my bio, making a CD and answering every question paying close attention to detail, rereading, rewriting, and the list goes on.
The submission was in the mail by Wednesday, January 4.

Next goal - Create three new workshop proposals for Mixed Media, Pen and Ink Journal and an exciting new class on Folk Art.
This took all week long but I met my 'goals and plans' most every day.

Here's one folk art painted box.



For the workshop everyone can purchase a $25 Kit or bring they are more than welcome to bring their own supplies. 


The Old Farm House will be the template for the top of the box

Tea Cups and Saucers and Teapots for the sides of the box.





Folk Art has always been a special interest of mine, it has been around for centuries.  It is so colourful, quaint, and I love that Folk Art  tells such interesting stories.
There are three famous Folk Art artists that I adore and admire. You may already be acquainted with their masterpieces. 
Edward Hick, (born 1780 - Pennsylvania), was inspired by the Bible, his stories were all about a 'Peaceable Kingdom'.
Grandma Moses, (born 1860), painted stories that depicted nostalgic glimpses of daily life in rural New York and Virginia.
Maud Lewis, (born 1903 - South Ohio, Nova Scotia),  painted stories of everyday life in her community. Every surface inside of her home was painted with colourful flowers, animals and designs. Her unique home has been restored by the Nova Scotia Art Gallery and is now a permanent display in the gallery.
If you would like to read more about these amazing artists just give them a google.

Good luck with all of your goals and plans, and may all of your dreams come True!





No comments:

Post a Comment