Sunday 2 April 2017

Moments in Time


'Moments in Time' is my theme for a collection of paintings this year. What an exciting and meaningful journey for me to paint only moments that are very special and close to my heart. After all, my heart is the place where I live!

Journaling is still a passion of mine but it seems to be taking up a lot of my time, and I have come to the conclusion that I am not Super Woman. It is just not humanly possible to paint in my journal every day and paint on canvas too!
Hmm what do to?
After much contemplation I came up with, what I think is a brilliant idea...sketch in my journal, write about my special moment in time and then paint the picture on canvas. 

Here is the first painting and the story behind it.

House in my Dreams

Over the years I have had many dreams of the same house, winter, spring, summer or fall. My house dream is always comforting and inviting, there is music, a wonderful aroma of baking, a cozy warm crackling fire in the fireplace, and a celebratory gathering of people smiling and laughing. 

This house is so special to me, do you think I should paint it in all of the seasons?

You've Got Mail

You all probably remember the wicked cold but beautiful hoarfrost we had in Edmonton this winter. The hoarfrost was my inspiration for this painting of the 'house in my dreams'.

When I shared this painting on facebook I was tickled pink that my brother John resonated with my painting. 


He wrote; "Reminds me of when I was a boy coming home from a day of rabbit hunting, cold wet, hungry and tired. All would soon be forgotten."

Wishing all of you who are following my painterly journey, happy dreams!





1 comment:

  1. Love Moments in Time' as my theme. I've long thought that my life & likely everyone's is marked forever by a series of perhaps a dozen moments (15-30 secs each) with huge impacts.

    Always used to think of that especially when talking to students who struggled. This was a moment that potentially could to affect them deeply. Never wanted it to a moment that they allowed to define themselves negatively.

    Love your painting too. That week-long hoarfrost was something this year!

    Cheers, Pat

    ReplyDelete